Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Euthanasia




The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear the word Euthanasia is Dr. Death (Jack Kevorkian), a very popular northamerican doctor that was indicted for practice indirectly euthanasia to his patients. He used a machine called “Thanatron” that allows the patients self-administered lethal chemicals to end with they lifes. His motto of life was “died is not a crime”. That’s also the most famous case of euthanasia that I know.
But, what do I think about euthanasia? I think as Dr. Death in a certain way, died is not a crime, and if there is a person with a terminal disease without no possibility of recovery and its causes the patient a great pain I think that euthanasia is a legitimate solution, but only with those conditions. And as I don’t have religion, it does not matters me, (the euthanasia I mean).
However, the Chilean government doesn’t think like me or Dr. Death. This assisted suicide is not allowed legally in Chile. They doesn’t see euthanasia with all its benefits, they doesn’t respect personal freedom to decide what to do with hi/her life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I completely agree with you! To me, if there is a person with a terminal disease without no possibility of recovery, I think that euthanasia is a legitimate solution, but only in these cases.

    ReplyDelete